Oil & acrylic on wood
80cm x 130cm x 6cm
by Christopher R. Inwood
About the artwork
Cate Meehan is motivated by the way people experience a space, interact with their surroundings, and engage with each other, and is fascinated by the impact that well-designed spaces can have on one’s mental wellbeing. She has a meticulous aesthetic that embodies calming and harmonious compositions. Inwood’s artwork contrasts the relaxed and informal posture of Meehan with a refined and relatively formal composition that is characteristic of her work.
About the sitter
Cate Meehan is one of Brisbane’s best young architects, currently working at KO&Co Architecture. She is also the artist’s partner. Meehan is project architect for KO&Co Architecture’s design of a 9-storey affordable housing building in Woolloongabba, which is the first of the Queensland Government’s “Partnering for Growth” initiative to be delivered by Brisbane Housing Company. This project exemplifies Meehan’s passion for design, and her belief that everyone should be able to experience good architecture.
About the artist
Christopher R. Inwood is a self-taught artist based in Brisbane who extracts and records concepts and imagery from his personal experiences, the scientific frontier, the metaphysical, art history, and the digital world.
Inwood has exhibited across Australia at galleries, art spaces, and festivals including UQ Art Museum, Queensland State Library, Brisbane Powerhouse, Brisbane Square Library, Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery and Brisbane Street Art Festival. He has also been a finalist in the Brisbane Portrait Prize, the Percival Portrait Painting Prize, the Toowoomba Biennial Emerging Artists Award, Lethbridge 20000, Melt Portrait Prize x2, BAM Art Prize, Morris Art Prize and feature artist at the Brisbane Grammar Art Show. Inwood has also had four solo exhibitions, and his fifth will go on display in October 2020.
- Painting purchases can be delivered free of charge to locations within Brisbane (Black Colour White artworks will delivered after the exhibtion).
- For all other locations, delivery charges are at the expense of the purchaser (Black Colour White artworks will be sent after the exhibtion).
- If you would like a quote on delivery costs, please send us an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, Christopher R. Inwood will contact you within 1 business day to organise delivery details.
- If you have any other questions please send us an email.
All Other Purchases
For all other purchases (t-shirts, tote bags, prints etc.), delivery costs are as follows:
- $15.00 flat rate for all deliveries within Australia
- $30.00 flat rate for all international deliveries
- Unfortunately we do not offer refunds or exchanges on any painting purchases.
- For all other purchases (t-shirts, tote bags, prints etc.) we do not offer refunds, however if your clothing item doesn't fit, the size can be exchanged.
- We endeavour to provide the highest quality in all of our items, however if you believe an item you have received is faulty, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All image, digital and NFT rights are maintined by the artist in perpetuity.